North State Parent magazine

A MAGAZINE SERVING FAMILIES IN BUTTE, GLENN, SHASTA, SISKIYOU & TEHAMA COUNTIES SINCE 1993

Community

art-815-math1

25 Ways to Help Your Child Do Better in Math

Get a jumpstart on the new school year by thinking about ways to help your child incorporate math skills into their daily lives. These tips will help build a positive […]

10 (and Then Some) Family-Fun Things To Do in Sacramento

Whatever your family’s preference for fun, Sacramento offers an abundance of options sure to please even the most discriminating of visitors. Whether outdoor or indoor fun, historic or cultural treasure, […]

National Parks – American Treasures

Use your imagination … what if you and your family had the opportunity to: Hike or bike miles of trails that span rolling hills, flat lands, rugged terrain or steep […]

We’re Off To The Theatre

Experiencing the arts with young children in a theater setting will be much more enjoyable if you take some time to prepare beforehand. These simple tips will help make the […]

art-715-pedal

Bike Kitchen Peddles Good Nutrition

Looking for new ideas for preparing healthy foods? Keep an eye out for a pedal-driven kitchen at local farmers markets and community events in Chico. Called the Edible Pedal, the […]

Tips for Kids’ Parties – Less Stress, More Fun!

Your child’s birthday is just around the corner and you promised a party. With all your day-to-day commitments, you may be wondering where to begin. These tips can help pave […]

Egg Laying Hens: The Basics of Starting a Backyard Flock

For those curious about raising chickens, the prospect of starting a backyard flock can be daunting. However, the rewards of cultivating your own healthy, happy egg layers can far outweigh […]

Krysta Shaw-Stearns & The Red Bluff Performing Arts Centre: A Center for Expression, For Everyone

Everyone deserves a creative outlet and a form of expression that brings people together. Whether dancing and performing are passions or just hobbies, the Red Bluff Performing Arts Centre is […]

Choose The Best Love Language For Father’s Day

How can you ensure that your Father’s Day efforts hit the mark? First, think about how the father figure in your life demonstrates his love for others. According to Dr. […]

Facebook Photo Contest “A Child’s Best Friend”

Audrey and Buck from Orland, CA, are the winners of our first-ever Facebook Photo Submission Contest! Be sure to “like” us on Facebook for great articles, tips and tricks, events […]

"Sean is a brilliant musician, but more importantly I believe he understands the true value of music," says Dustin Breshears (left), Sean's piano teacher. "I can't think of a more deserving student to receive this award." Also pictured with Sean are Sally Long, owner of The Music Connection, and her daughter Mary Lou.

North State Parent 2015 Music Essay Contest Winner: Sean Bostrom

Sean Bostrom, age 16, started playing piano at age 8, and more recently started playing violin. He currently studies piano with Dustin Breshears, and violin with Carla Shryock at the […]

The Joy of Pilates

Constant back pain led me to take my first Pilates class in 2009 and I’ve been involved with Pilates ever since. I love the constant challenge, learning about different pieces […]

>