- Homepage Featured
When friends visit our home, they often tease my husband and me about being compulsive housecleaners. While it’s true that we like having a tidy home, … More
If you are like many parents, you’ve probably had the thought that your child doesn’t listen to you. How often have you felt frustration or resorted … More
Shannon and Matt Cherry of Albany, New York, know a thing or two about the stress of renovating a home. In addition to dealing with anxiety over … More
Birthdays, and the festivities that go along with them, symbolize important rites of passage for both kids and adults. While the size, scope and theme … More
Spring is around the corner. It is time to start planning and preparing your garden beds to make room for your edible summer garden! Here are tips to … More
Roses & Rust is a creative and inspiring market event that takes place each spring and fall in Shasta County, California. Twice awarded the honor … More
Fueled by the desire to deliver professionally engineered and installed solar power systems, Alternative Energy Systems (AES) was founded in 2003 by … More
Multi-talented Darbie Andrews likes challenges and helping others. She models how setting intentions and practicing self-discipline and commitment … More
The idea for our business was sparked during a charity golf tournament where my husband, Bob, met the previous owner of two well-established furniture … More
Keshav Kumar, age 16. “My favorite room in my house is my kitchen because I’m able to get food, water, and even sleep if necessary, and those are all … More
Granite Transformations in Chico is part of a worldwide company with over 200 locations around the globe. Proud to be coming up on their 10-year … More
If it’s been a few years since you’ve worn braces, you’re in for a surprise. A wide variety of alternatives – many introduced in the past decade – … More
Potlucks have been a fun, intimate way for people to share a meal for centuries. According to the Oxford English dictionary (2nd edition) the first … More
As Lynni Miller gazed out the window at a lot full of weeds across from Northern California dental office she worked at, she thought about a project … MoreParent to Parent Blog
Parent to Parent Blog
I learned about Kelvin Doe, a remarkable 15-year old from Sierra Leone, on the Internet. A short fil … MoreWould You Like to Strengthen Your Relationships & Build Emotional Resilience? Become an Emotions Coach…
Maybe you’ve read about emotional intelligence and yet after reading the books you’re still left wit … More
I don’t know about you, but I’m always glad when summer finally arrives with the promise of wildflow … MoreWhat Messages Are You Sending? Learn How to Create More Peaceful, Loving Relationships Without Saying a Word
Raise your hand if you would prefer more peace and less conflict in your relationships and in your h … More
For parents, raising children is not a “What’s in it for me?” proposition. To the contrary, parentin … MoreEvents Calendar
Events→Click Here To See All Events
- March 10, 2014
- Nor-Cal Elite Gymnastics Center Monday Open Gyms - Redding, CALocation: Redding, CADescription: Two age sessions: “Tiny Tots” ages 0-8 (older siblings welcome), 11am-12pm; Ages 12+, 6-7pm. See the 3rd.
- Science Experiments For Little Ones - Chico, CALocation: Chico, CADescription: Fun ongoing hands-on science enrichment activities for children ages 2-5 & their parents. 10:30am-12pm. See the 3rd.
- Tiny Tigers: Martial Arts For Young Children - Mt. Shasta, CALocation: Mt. Shasta, CADescription: Ages 4+. M-F, 4:30-5:15pm. See the 3rd.
- Auditions: Secret Garden Production - Red Bluff, CALocation: Red Bluff, CADescription: Children cast for the show will rehearse throughout the week at the State Theater for a performance with the Missoula Children’s Theatre. Open to grades K-12. Auditions at 3pm at Vista Middle School gym, South Jackson St. Info: (530)391-3259.
- Memorable Mondays At All Fired Up - Redding, CALocation: Redding, CADescription: Creative studio time for families. 11am-5pm. See the 3rd.
- Shotokan Karate Classes - Chico, CALocation: Chico, CADescription: Ages 6-adults. M/Tu/Th classes: Ages 6-13, 6-6:45pm; Ages 13+, 7-8:30pm. See the 3rd.
- Baby Bookworms; Redding Library. - Redding, CALocation: Redding, CADescription: For infants & toddlers ages 6mos-2_yrs, with their caregiver. 10:30am. Free. See the 3rd.
- Martial Arts For Children: Taekwondo & Hapkido - Mt. Shasta, CALocation: Mt. Shasta, CADescription: Ages 10+. M-Th: M/W, 5:15-6:45pm; Tu/Th, 5:15-6:15pm. See the 3rd.
- Family Fun Bowling & Pizza Night - Redding, CALocation: Redding, CADescription: Bring friends & family for 2 hours of unlimited bowling. Includes pizza. Ages 4 & up. Mon & Fri, 6:30-8:30pm. See the 3rd.
- Kindermusik With Lyra - Redding, CALocation: Redding, CADescription: Come dance, sing & bond while helping your child’s brain develop in the best musical way. 10am. See the 3rd.
Luca (age 7) and Rocco (age 4), along with mom Sara, enjoy playing board games. The boys also enjoy building with LEGO bricks, and their favorite outdoor activities include exploring, biking, running and other sports. The photo was taken at Nantucket Home, a Chico business providing family-friendly interior design since 1975.
See More: Cover Photography
Parent to Parent Blog
I learned about Kelvin Doe, a remarkable 15-year old from Sierra Leone, on the Internet. A short fil … [...]Would You Like to Strengthen Your Relationships & Build Emotional Resilience? Become an Emotions Coach…
Maybe you’ve read about emotional intelligence and yet after reading the books you’re still left wit … [...]
I don’t know about you, but I’m always glad when summer finally arrives with the promise of wildflow … [...]