- Homepage Featured
Bev Blair, preschool teacher at Secret Garden Preschool in Redding, CA, has created a stable life of commitments in marriage, work and … More
Imagine yourself in a place beyond your wildest dreams, where a bite of cake or a sip of drink can make you grow or shrink, and mysterious talking … More
Looking for a great way to get the family outdoors and get some two-wheeled exercise? Then a day at the pump track might be just what the doctor … More
When Darci and James Crossin first sat down to map out a plan for their maternity and baby goods store, Chico’s Apple Blossom Baby, circle times were … More
Heroes will not be hard to find in the North State this month and next: they’ll be out in the open, running for a good cause and having fun in the … More
Faye Hall knew her daughter and son, now 12 and 13 years old, were bright and curious. Yet she noticed they weren’t learning some things well in … More
With the hubbub of the new school year and getting everyone back into the routine of early mornings, homework and afterschool activities, healthy … More
Serving Youth Makes Our Days Magical! How I Found Happiness By Doing Second Grade Over And Over Again.
Being a Foster Grandparent brings joy to my life every day. After retiring, I spent three years reading every book that sparked my fancy on the … More
In today’s world, respect of one’s elders is an important life skill that seems to be falling by the wayside. We see this in the way children talk to … More
When colder weather sets in, kids can get restless indoors. Basketball offers the perfect antidote. With minimal equipment (a basketball and a pair of … More
In 2011, The New York Times magazine's educational supplement published an article called "What if the Secret to Success is Failure." It's about … More
Sometimes you just have to pour water from one container into another, simply by using a string. Well, maybe not, but this is a cool experiment that … More
In my family, our search for different activities for our children led us to 4-H. We discovered the program offers much more than experiences in … MoreParent to Parent Blog
Parent to Parent Blog
I learned about Kelvin Doe, a remarkable 15-year old from Sierra Leone, on the Internet. A short fil … MoreWould You Like to Strengthen Your Relationships & Build Emotional Resilience? Become an Emotions Coach…
Maybe you’ve read about emotional intelligence and yet after reading the books you’re still left wit … More
I don’t know about you, but I’m always glad when summer finally arrives with the promise of wildflow … MoreWhat Messages Are You Sending? Learn How to Create More Peaceful, Loving Relationships Without Saying a Word
Raise your hand if you would prefer more peace and less conflict in your relationships and in your h … More
For parents, raising children is not a “What’s in it for me?” proposition. To the contrary, parentin … MoreEvents Calendar
- September 18, 2014
- Etna Farmers Market. - Etna, CALocation: Etna, CADescription: Fresh food, music. artisans & family fun. 4:30-6:30pm, thru Oct. Located outside Dotty’s Restaurant, 404 N Hwy 3. (530)643-7876.
- Galaxy Gymnastics Open Gym: 5 & Under - Redding, CALocation: Redding, CADescription: Tu/Th, 8:30-9:30am; Fri/Sat, 9-10am. See the 2nd.
- Dunsmuir Farmers Market. - Dunsmuir, CALocation: Dunsmuir, CADescription: Offers a variety of fresh produce, live music, crafts & prepared foods. 3:30-6:30pm thru Sept. Spruce St. (between Dunsmuir & Shasta Ave. next to Dunsmuir Brewery). (530)235-4963.
- Downtown Chico’s Thursday Night Market - Chico, CALocation: Chico, CADescription: Certified farmers market featuring fresh produce, cut flowers, nuts, honey, delicious foods, local artisans, kid zone, local entertainers & performers, & more. 6-9pm. Broadway at 2nd & 5th Sts. (530)345-6500.
- Creative Art Activities - Chico, CALocation: Chico, CADescription: Ongoing hands-on art activities designed for children ages 2-5 & their parents. 10:30am-12pm. See the 5th.
- Hooks & Needlers Sewing Circle; Paradise Library. - Paradise, CALocation: Paradise, CADescription: Bring your knit & crochet projects. All ages.12pm. Free. See the 4th.
- Infant & Toddler Storytime - Paradise, CALocation: Paradise, CADescription: Songs, story & music for little ones ages 0-3. 10am. Free. Paradise Branch Library, 5922 Clark Rd. (530)872-6320.
- Nor-Cal Elite Gymnastics Center Thursday Open Gyms - Redding, CALocation: Redding, CADescription: Ages 0-8: 11am-12pm; Ages 8+: 5-6pm. See the 4th.
- Mom-2-Mom Support Group - Paradise, CALocation: Paradise, CADescription: Weekly support group for mothers of children of all ages.10:30am-12pm. See the 4th.
- Martial Arts For Children: Taekwondo & Hapkido - Mt. Shasta, CALocation: Mt. Shasta, CADescription: Dynamic, fun activity for boys & girls ages 10+. M/W, 5:15-6:45pm; Tu/Th, 5:15-6:15pm. See the 1st.
Parent to Parent Blog
I learned about Kelvin Doe, a remarkable 15-year old from Sierra Leone, on the Internet. A short fil … [...]Would You Like to Strengthen Your Relationships & Build Emotional Resilience? Become an Emotions Coach…
Maybe you’ve read about emotional intelligence and yet after reading the books you’re still left wit … [...]
I don’t know about you, but I’m always glad when summer finally arrives with the promise of wildflow … [...]