- Homepage Featured
Establishing healthy eating habits early in a child’s life is crucial to growing a healthy body and fostering a respect for nature’s best preventative … More
Leo Miedtank, age 16. “I have a memory of diving off a diving board into a lake and hitting my stomach when I was 6.” Chris Lujano, age … More
What causes tantrums? Most often temper tantrums are caused by a child's inability to express and control his emotions. Something may have set him … More
Four years ago Mt. Shasta Elementary School started a noontime reading program, at the suggestion of its former principal Sally Gasaway. The program, … More
Humanitarian projects often sprout from a moment of inspiration then grow with commitment and lots of hard work. Bridging the Gap, founded by Shirley … More
The North State offers numerous special events for children and families during the month of April, including these three outstanding fun and … More
Something monumental happened for families in California in 1998. With the passing of The Children and Families First Act (Proposition 10), First 5 … More
Occasionally a person comes along whom others, without fail, describe with only the highest of complements. John W. Tillery, Executive Director of … More
The “Team J Moms” Facebook page says its purpose is “…to ensure our children receive the education they deserve.” The super duo who started the page, … More
Pregnant women are often told to “sleep now, while you can” – but sleeping during pregnancy is easier said than done. Just ask Emily Waggoner, who was … More
Tears puddled my eyes as I sat in the doctor's office. Every pregnant woman coming through the door reminded me I would never have another baby. I was … More
We can be blunt with each other here. Kids with autism or Asperger’s frequently stand out as social oddballs. The heartbreak it causes, to the child … MoreParent to Parent Blog
Parent to Parent Blog
I learned about Kelvin Doe, a remarkable 15-year old from Sierra Leone, on the Internet. A short fil … MoreWould You Like to Strengthen Your Relationships & Build Emotional Resilience? Become an Emotions Coach…
Maybe you’ve read about emotional intelligence and yet after reading the books you’re still left wit … More
I don’t know about you, but I’m always glad when summer finally arrives with the promise of wildflow … MoreWhat Messages Are You Sending? Learn How to Create More Peaceful, Loving Relationships Without Saying a Word
Raise your hand if you would prefer more peace and less conflict in your relationships and in your h … More
For parents, raising children is not a “What’s in it for me?” proposition. To the contrary, parentin … MoreEvents Calendar
Events→Click Here To See All Events
- April 21, 2014
- American Sign Language (ASL) Playgroup - Redding, CALocation: Redding, CADescription: Practice ASL with friends ages 1-5 in a structured playgroup. For children identified as deaf, hard of hearing or that use ASL as primary mode of communication; their siblings; or parents who are hearing-impaired. All parents/caregivers welcome. 10am-12pm. Free, prereg. Rowell Family Empowerment of Northern CA, 962 Maraglia St. (530)226-5129.
- Mommy & Me Playgroup - Redding, CALocation: Redding, CADescription: Children can practice skills needed for preschool & kindergarten. Parent participation is required. Ages 24-48 months: M, 4/21-5/19, 9-10am. Ages 9-24 months: M, 4/21-5/19, 10:15-11am. $25/5 classes, pre-reg. Caldwell Recreation Center, 56 Quartz Hill Rd. (530)225-4095.
- Memorable Mondays At All Fired Up - Redding, CALocation: Redding, CADescription: Creative studio time for families. 11am-5pm. See the 7th.
- Science Experiments For Little Ones - Chico, CALocation: Chico, CADescription: Fun, on-going, hands-on science activities for children ages 2-5 & their parents. 9am-12pm. See the 1st.
- Shotokan Karate Classes - Chico, CALocation: Chico, CADescription: Ages 6-adults. M/Tu/Th classes: Ages 6-13, 6-6:45pm; Ages 13+, 7-8:30pm. See the 1st.
- Tiny Tigers: Martial Arts For Young Children - Mt. Shasta, CALocation: Mt. Shasta, CADescription: Ages 4+. M-F, 4:30-5:15pm. See the 1st.
- The Vintage Singers: Preserving The Music Of Peter, Paul & Mary - Red Bluff, CALocation: Red Bluff, CADescription: The Vintage Singers preserve & share great folk music from the 1960s & 1970s with today’s audiences. All ages. 7:30pm. $10-$20 (free for Tehama Concert Series members). State Theatre, 333 Oak St. (530)727-8727.
- Martial Arts For Children: Taekwondo & Hapkido - Mt. Shasta, CALocation: Mt. Shasta, CADescription: Ages 10+. M-Th: M/W, 5:15-6:45pm; Tu/Th, 5:15-6:15pm. See the 1st
- Nor-Cal Elite Gymnastics Center Monday Open Gyms - Redding, CALocation: Redding, CADescription: Two age sessions: “Tiny Tots” ages 0-8 (older siblings welcome), 11am-12pm; Ages 12+, 6-7pm. See the 7th.
- Easter Travel-Day Skates - Chico, CALocation: Chico, CADescription: Kids enjoy 3 special skating sessions today: 1-4pm or 2-5pm for $6, or 3-5pm for $5.50; skate rental $2-$3. Cal Skate, Hwy 99 & E. Park Ave. (530)343-1601.
Parent to Parent Blog
I learned about Kelvin Doe, a remarkable 15-year old from Sierra Leone, on the Internet. A short fil … [...]Would You Like to Strengthen Your Relationships & Build Emotional Resilience? Become an Emotions Coach…
Maybe you’ve read about emotional intelligence and yet after reading the books you’re still left wit … [...]
I don’t know about you, but I’m always glad when summer finally arrives with the promise of wildflow … [...]