- Homepage Featured
Warm weather and delicious fresh foods make picnics a perfect summer outing while enjoying the beauty of nature! Getting together with family and … More
Northern California residents and visitors to the region have been abuzz lately about the discovery of a new kind of gold. But you won’t find this … More
As with many other small business owners, it was family – their own and others – that motivated Darci and James Crossin to create Apple Blossom Baby, … More
We spend most of our marriages trying to change our partners. Ironically, the most important change we can make is to accept more of the good but … More
Whether you have toddlers or teenagers, preparing for the first day of school each year can be worrisome. Parents anticipate the big day for the first … More
Bob Maness, owner and director of California Regional Theater (CRT) in Chico, knows that kids are our future. “Bob is very innovative and involved in … More
Learning at Home Turns Surprisingly Social Back in 2010, the time had finally come for my husband and I to get serious about finding the right school … More
Are you wondering where to take your family for some active play time that will be fun for all of you? Look no further than the Adventure Recreation … More
A new label for Asperger’s syndrome may help children get needed treatment. But early intervention is still vital. Keagan Peterson’s first birthday … More
An IEP (Individualized Education Program) is very important for your child’s education. An IEP is a written statement of the educational program … More
Bigweld, the fictional entrepreneur in the movie Robots, had a catchphrase that summed up his business philosophy: “See a need, fill a need.” That’s … More
Shubert’s Ice Cream & Candies in downtown Chico is more than a place to find quality sweet treats. It’s a regional icon upholding a 75-year family … More
A meeting between you and your child’s teacher can be a powerful tool for helping your child succeed in school. Whether scheduled by the school, … More
Julia’s Fruit Stand began when Kathy and James Brandt planted a big garden in 2001, and sold the excess produce on the side of the road in order to … More
Not only is Erica Shepard’s mother the office manager at Radiant Sun Acupuncture, she’s also the catalyst behind this family business. As a teenager, … MoreParent to Parent Blog
Parent to Parent Blog
I learned about Kelvin Doe, a remarkable 15-year old from Sierra Leone, on the Internet. A short fil … MoreWould You Like to Strengthen Your Relationships & Build Emotional Resilience? Become an Emotions Coach…
Maybe you’ve read about emotional intelligence and yet after reading the books you’re still left wit … More
I don’t know about you, but I’m always glad when summer finally arrives with the promise of wildflow … MoreWhat Messages Are You Sending? Learn How to Create More Peaceful, Loving Relationships Without Saying a Word
Raise your hand if you would prefer more peace and less conflict in your relationships and in your h … More
For parents, raising children is not a “What’s in it for me?” proposition. To the contrary, parentin … MoreEvents Calendar
Events→Click Here To See All Events
- August 1, 2014
- Lunch In The Park For Kids - McCloud, CALocation: McCloud, CADescription: The children of McCloud are invited to a free lunch offered by the McCloud Community Resource Center. Ages 3-18. 11am-12pm. Hoo Hoo Park, 405 East Colombero Dr. (530)918-3147.
- National Teen Lock-in Night - Oroville, CALocation: Oroville, CADescription: Spend the evening meeting teens from over 30 libraries in the U.S. via webcast plus a live chat with authors. Free food, activities, prizes & more. Permission slip required. Ages 12-17. 5-9 pm. Oroville Branch Library, 1820 Mitchell Ave., Paradise Branch Library, 5922 Clark Rd. (530)538-3898.
- La Leche League Breastfeeding Support Group - Chico, CALocation: Chico, CADescription: La Leche League offers mother-to-mother support for breastfeeding. Children welcome. 1st Friday, 10-11:30am. Free. Meet in the nursery at Bidwell Presbyterian Church, 208 West First St. (530)591-9191.
- KidÕs Day At All Fired Up - Redding, CALocation: Redding, CADescription: Kids have fun painting from 11am-8pm. Specialty paints, stamps, stencils & sponges available to help create a work of ceramic art. Studio fee: $3.50/child, $4.50/teens & adults; (plus cost of pottery). 1818 Churn Creek Rd. (530)226-1638.
- KidMotion - Redding, CALocation: Redding, CADescription: Being active will help develop a healthy lifestyle, motor skills, movement, knowledge, social & personal skills. Bring your child for some hopping, jumping, parachute, ribbon, music & other active play. Ages 3-5. Fridays, 10-11am. $20/mo (free Y members). Shasta Family YMCA, 1155 N. Court St. (530)246-9622.
- National Teen Lock-in Night - Paradise, CALocation: Paradise, CADescription: Spend the evening meeting teens from over 30 libraries in the U.S. via webcast plus a live chat with authors. Free food, activities, prizes & more. Permission slip required. Ages 12-17. 5-9 pm. Oroville Branch Library, 1820 Mitchell Ave., Paradise Branch Library, 5922 Clark Rd. (530)538-3898.
- Nor-Cal Elite Gymnastics Center Friday Open Gyms - Redding, CALocation: Redding, CADescription: Practice your own skills or watch your child run, jump & tumble in a safe, supervised gym with lots of room to play. Two age sessions: ÒTiny TotsÓ ages 0-8 (older siblings welcome), 11am-12pm; Ages 7+, 5-6pm. $5/child. 4425 Tenaya Ct. (530)223-5483.
- Rockin ÔNÕ Bowlin At Anderson Bowl - Anderson, CALocation: Anderson, CADescription: Bowling with music & light show. $12, includes shoes & sodas. Fri 9-11pm, Sat 9-midnight. 1701 Bruce Dr. (530)365-3323.
- Rock ÔNÕ Bowl At Shasta Lanes - Redding, CALocation: Redding, CADescription: Enjoy a night of bowling, laser light show, music & fun. Fri & Sat, 9pm-midnight, $15, price includes shoe rental. 11093 Black Marble Way. (530)244-5773.
- Open Session Art Classes - Red Bluff, CALocation: Red Bluff, CADescription: Multi-discipline class/studio sessions for all ages & skill levels; includes time to work on personal projects. Th/F/Sat, 12:30-2:30pm, F 3-4:30pm. $20/drop-in (space allowing) or pre-reg $45/3-classes; includes materials. Red Bluff Art Gallery, 601 Walnut St. (530)529-1332.
Parent to Parent Blog
I learned about Kelvin Doe, a remarkable 15-year old from Sierra Leone, on the Internet. A short fil … [...]Would You Like to Strengthen Your Relationships & Build Emotional Resilience? Become an Emotions Coach…
Maybe you’ve read about emotional intelligence and yet after reading the books you’re still left wit … [...]
I don’t know about you, but I’m always glad when summer finally arrives with the promise of wildflow … [...]