- Homepage Featured
Not only is Erica Shepard’s mother the office manager at Radiant Sun Acupuncture, she’s also the catalyst behind this family business. As a teenager, … More
A new label for Asperger’s syndrome may help children get needed treatment. But early intervention is still vital. Keagan Peterson’s first birthday … More
An IEP (Individualized Education Program) is very important for your child’s education. An IEP is a written statement of the educational program … More
Warm weather and delicious fresh foods make picnics a perfect summer outing while enjoying the beauty of nature! Getting together with family and … More
Northern California residents and visitors to the region have been abuzz lately about the discovery of a new kind of gold. But you won’t find this … More
Julia’s Fruit Stand began when Kathy and James Brandt planted a big garden in 2001, and sold the excess produce on the side of the road in order to … More
As with many other small business owners, it was family – their own and others – that motivated Darci and James Crossin to create Apple Blossom Baby, … More
Bigweld, the fictional entrepreneur in the movie Robots, had a catchphrase that summed up his business philosophy: “See a need, fill a need.” That’s … More
We spend most of our marriages trying to change our partners. Ironically, the most important change we can make is to accept more of the good but … More
Learning at Home Turns Surprisingly Social Back in 2010, the time had finally come for my husband and I to get serious about finding the right school … More
Are you wondering where to take your family for some active play time that will be fun for all of you? Look no further than the Adventure Recreation … More
Bob Maness, owner and director of California Regional Theater (CRT) in Chico, knows that kids are our future. “Bob is very innovative and involved in … More
Shubert’s Ice Cream & Candies in downtown Chico is more than a place to find quality sweet treats. It’s a regional icon upholding a 75-year family … More
A meeting between you and your child’s teacher can be a powerful tool for helping your child succeed in school. Whether scheduled by the school, … More
Whether you have toddlers or teenagers, preparing for the first day of school each year can be worrisome. Parents anticipate the big day for the first … MoreParent to Parent Blog
Parent to Parent Blog
I learned about Kelvin Doe, a remarkable 15-year old from Sierra Leone, on the Internet. A short fil … MoreWould You Like to Strengthen Your Relationships & Build Emotional Resilience? Become an Emotions Coach…
Maybe you’ve read about emotional intelligence and yet after reading the books you’re still left wit … More
I don’t know about you, but I’m always glad when summer finally arrives with the promise of wildflow … MoreWhat Messages Are You Sending? Learn How to Create More Peaceful, Loving Relationships Without Saying a Word
Raise your hand if you would prefer more peace and less conflict in your relationships and in your h … More
For parents, raising children is not a “What’s in it for me?” proposition. To the contrary, parentin … MoreEvents Calendar
Events→Click Here To See All Events
- August 28, 2014
- Nor-Cal Elite Gymnastics Center Thursday Open Gyms - Redding, CALocation: Redding, CADescription: Ages 0-8: 11am-12pm; Ages 8+: 5-6pm. See the 7th.
- Open Session Art Classes - Red Bluff, CALocation: Red Bluff, CADescription: Multi-discipline classes/studio session for all ages. Th/F/Sat, 12:30-2:30pm & F 3-4:30pm. See the 1st.
- Mom-2-Mom Support Group - Paradise, CALocation: Paradise, CADescription: Weekly support group for mothers of children of all ages.10:30am-12pm. See the 7th.
- Martial Arts For Children: Taekwondo & Hapkido - Mt. Shasta, CALocation: Mt. Shasta, CADescription: Ages 10+. M/W, 5:15-6:45pm; Tu/Th, 5:15-6:15pm. See the 4th.
- Little Explorers: What Grows in Your Garden - Redding, CALocation: Redding, CADescription: Join the fun & learn all about plants with hands-on activities & stories for ages 2-5 & their caregivers. 10am. See the 7th.
- Pathway To Health Workshop - Dunsmuir, CALocation: Dunsmuir, CADescription: Facilitator Michelle OÕGorman presents a weekly workshop focusing on chronic disease self-management. Ages 18+. 10am-12pm. Free. Dunsmuir Community Resource Center, 5844 Dunsmuir Ave. (530)235-4400.
- Preschool Storytime - Cottonwood, CALocation: Cottonwood, CADescription: Join the fun with stories, songs, & games too! 10am. Cottonwood Community Library, 3427 Main St. (530)347-4818.
- Silver Dollar BMX Racing - Chico, CALocation: Chico, CADescription: Enjoy the fun of BMX racing, including Strider races. Tues practices, 5:30-7pm; racing Thurs 6-7pm & Sun 4-5pm. See the 3rd.
- Shotokan Karate Classes - Chico, CALocation: Chico, CADescription: Ages 6-adults. M/Tu/Th classes: Ages 6-13, 6-6:45pm; Ages 13+, 7-8:30pm. See the 4th.
- Safe Babysitter Class; Chico.Ê - Chico, CALocation: Chico, CADescription: Great class for young adolescents 11 & older who want to learn how to be a responsible babysitter and gain insight on infant & pediatric CPR techniques 9-11am. $35/person, pre-reg. Enloe Mother & Baby Ed.Center, 251 Cohasset Rd., Suite #120. (530)332-3970.
Parent to Parent Blog
I learned about Kelvin Doe, a remarkable 15-year old from Sierra Leone, on the Internet. A short fil … [...]Would You Like to Strengthen Your Relationships & Build Emotional Resilience? Become an Emotions Coach…
Maybe you’ve read about emotional intelligence and yet after reading the books you’re still left wit … [...]
I don’t know about you, but I’m always glad when summer finally arrives with the promise of wildflow … [...]