- Homepage Featured
Four years ago Mt. Shasta Elementary School started a noontime reading program, at the suggestion of its former principal Sally Gasaway. The program, … More
The North State offers numerous special events for children and families during the month of April, including these three outstanding fun and … More
Pregnant women are often told to “sleep now, while you can” – but sleeping during pregnancy is easier said than done. Just ask Emily Waggoner, who was … More
The “Team J Moms” Facebook page says its purpose is “…to ensure our children receive the education they deserve.” The super duo who started the page, … More
Something monumental happened for families in California in 1998. With the passing of The Children and Families First Act (Proposition 10), First 5 … More
What causes tantrums? Most often temper tantrums are caused by a child's inability to express and control his emotions. Something may have set him … More
Occasionally a person comes along whom others, without fail, describe with only the highest of complements. John W. Tillery, Executive Director of … More
Leo Miedtank, age 16. “I have a memory of diving off a diving board into a lake and hitting my stomach when I was 6.” Chris Lujano, age … More
Establishing healthy eating habits early in a child’s life is crucial to growing a healthy body and fostering a respect for nature’s best preventative … More
Humanitarian projects often sprout from a moment of inspiration then grow with commitment and lots of hard work. Bridging the Gap, founded by Shirley … More
We can be blunt with each other here. Kids with autism or Asperger’s frequently stand out as social oddballs. The heartbreak it causes, to the child … More
Tears puddled my eyes as I sat in the doctor's office. Every pregnant woman coming through the door reminded me I would never have another baby. I was … MoreParent to Parent Blog
Parent to Parent Blog
I learned about Kelvin Doe, a remarkable 15-year old from Sierra Leone, on the Internet. A short fil … MoreWould You Like to Strengthen Your Relationships & Build Emotional Resilience? Become an Emotions Coach…
Maybe you’ve read about emotional intelligence and yet after reading the books you’re still left wit … More
I don’t know about you, but I’m always glad when summer finally arrives with the promise of wildflow … MoreWhat Messages Are You Sending? Learn How to Create More Peaceful, Loving Relationships Without Saying a Word
Raise your hand if you would prefer more peace and less conflict in your relationships and in your h … More
For parents, raising children is not a “What’s in it for me?” proposition. To the contrary, parentin … MoreEvents Calendar
Events→Click Here To See All Events
- April 23, 2014
- Art Club On The Bus - Mt. Shasta, CALocation: Mt. Shasta, CADescription: Join the fun inside the Siskiyou Arts Bus to create simple make & take projects in a creative studio setting. Ages 9 & up. 2:30-5pm. Free. See the 1st.
- Movie ManiaRedding Library. - Redding, CALocation: Redding, CADescription: Free family movie & popcorn in the library’s children’s storyroom. See the 2nd.
- Mid-Week Storytime At Barnes & Noble - Chico, CALocation: Chico, CADescription: Geared for preschool age & younger. 11am. See the 2nd.
- Preschool Storytime - Cottonwood, CALocation: Cottonwood, CADescription: Come join the fun, with stories, songs, & games too! 11:30am-12:30pm. Cottonwood Community Library, 3427 Main St. (530)347-4818.
- Songs & Stories For Young People At Mt. Shasta Library. - Mt. Shasta, CALocation: Mt. Shasta, CADescription: Children ages 0-5 enjoy fun stories & sing along to music. 10:30am. See the 2nd.
- Tiny Tigers: Martial Arts For Young Children - Mt. Shasta, CALocation: Mt. Shasta, CADescription: Ages 4+. M-F, 4:30-5:15pm. See the 1st.
- Stop The Chaos Class - Weed, CALocation: Weed, CADescription: Drug & alcohol education class for teens. 3:15-4:30pm. See the 2nd.
- Martial Arts For Children: Taekwondo & Hapkido - Mt. Shasta, CALocation: Mt. Shasta, CADescription: Ages 10+. M-Th: M/W, 5:15-6:45pm; Tu/Th, 5:15-6:15pm. See the 1st
- Nature Fun Activities - Chico, CALocation: Chico, CADescription: Ages 2-5 & their parents enjoy fun hands-on activities that involve nature. 9am-1pm. See the 2nd.
- Children’s Storytime At Dunsmuir Library. - Dunsmuir, CALocation: Dunsmuir, CADescription: Children of all ages (infants welcome) enjoy stories & a snack. 3:30-4:30pm. See the 2nd.
Parent to Parent Blog
I learned about Kelvin Doe, a remarkable 15-year old from Sierra Leone, on the Internet. A short fil … [...]Would You Like to Strengthen Your Relationships & Build Emotional Resilience? Become an Emotions Coach…
Maybe you’ve read about emotional intelligence and yet after reading the books you’re still left wit … [...]
I don’t know about you, but I’m always glad when summer finally arrives with the promise of wildflow … [...]