You will need:
- Pink, red, purple and/or white pompoms in several sizes
- Pink, red, purple and/or white pipe cleaners (small pieces/scraps can be used)
- Heart-shaped sequins, rhinestones, etc. for decorating bugs
- Wiggly eyes
- Glue 2 of the larger-sized pompoms together side by side for main body.
- Where the body pompoms come together, glue on a smaller-sized pompom for the head.
- Glue an even smaller pompom opposite the head for the tail (pompoms can be trimmed to size desired).
- Bend a 2- to 3-inch piece of pipe cleaner into a “V” shape; glue behind the head for antennae.
- Add the wiggly eyes.
- Add a tiny pompom, sequin or rhinestone for the nose.
- Glue on pipe cleaner pieces or small pompoms for legs, if desired. (These can help stabilize the bug.)
- Decorate bug with sequins, etc.
- Share with a friend!
- Glue or tape onto a Valentine’s Day Card or gift.
- Make a “set” in different colors to use them as playing pieces for a board game you make.
- Make the bugs into fridge art by gluing them onto magnets.
- Hide love bugs around the room and let family members find them. As each bug is found, have the person share something they love about each person in the room.